HELP THE PEOPLE OF SAN ANISIDRO, PHILIPPINES
“Doing Good” Project for November
Accepting Donations November 1-30
We cannot help the whole world, but we can make a difference somewhere. That somewhere is San Anisidro, in the Philippines, where one of our Filipinas grew up.
San Anisidro is deeply poverty-stricken. Not having to purchase clothing would eliminate one necessary cost for the families we can assist, enabling them to spend their limited resources on food and shelter instead.
GBC will be accepting donations for clothing for the people of San Anisidro village. After the donations drive, Josef and Precious Koeppl will pay for shipping of the items to San Anisidro. Here are the guidelines for donations:
- Please bring ONLY CLOTHING. We cannot ship any foodstuffs.
- The Philippines has a tropical climate, so winter clothing is not needed. No heavy coats please, but light jackets and sweaters are good for their less warm months.
- Clothing is needed for all ages and sizes.
- You can drop off clothing on Sundays at the drop-off point in the church lobby, or outside the front door of the church any day of the week throughout November.
- If you do make a drop-off during the week, please text Pastor Sligh at 0160-9647 5554 so he can go to the church and bring the donated items inside.